Sixth death after car ploughs into Melbourne pedestrians!

A 33-year old woman has become the sixth person to die after a car ploughed into pedestrians on a busy Melbourne street.

The woman died from her injuries in hospital on Monday, police said.

Nine patients remain in hospital, including one in a critical condition.

The others who died were a three-month-old boy, a 10-year old girl, a 32-year-old woman and two men aged 25 and 33.

The car was driven down a busy shopping street in Australia’s second-largest city just before 2pm on 20 January.

Footage from the scene shows a maroon car driving in circles before turning down the pedestrianised Bourke Street mall.

Members of the public watch as police and emergency services attend to an injured person after a car hit pedestrians in central Melbourne, Australia, January 20, 2017
The driver, Dimitrious Gargasoulas, 26, is accused of deliberately hitting pedestrians and has been charged with five counts of murder. He may face more charges.

Police in the state of Victoria said the incident was not terror-related, amid growing fears about vehicles being used to target crowds following last year’s attacks in Berlin and Nice