Travel and airports. They’re intrinsically linked.
Love ’em or hate ’em, there’s simply no avoiding ’em (unless you swim).
There’s loads of splashy, flashy ones that make you so relaxed you’ll forget about the seven-hour layover. But let’s take a look at some of the world’s weirdest.
1. Qamdo Bangda Airport, Qamdo, Tibet
2. Lukla Airport, Nepal
3. Barra Airport, Scotland
4. Madeira Airport, Madeira
5. Ice Runway, Antarctica
6. Juancho E. Yrausquin Airport, Saba, Netherlands Antilles
7. Princess Juliana International Airport, Simpson Bay, Saint Marteen
8. Don Mueang International Airport, Bangkok, Thailand
9. Courchevel International Airport, France